If clicking on search results often yields spurious results, your computer is likely infected with a virus.
- Verifying that your DNS server is not set to a manual address for a fake DNS server.
- Verifying that your browser is not using a proxy address for a fake proxy server.
- Verifying that your nonplug-and-play device drivers does not include TDSServ.sys.
- Scanning your computer for infections using Malware Bytes.
- Restoring your master boot record using fixmbr (found on Windows installation CDs, as well as the third-party ms-sys package for Debian/Ubuntu).
If all of the above fail to remove the virus, try ComboFix. The user interface isn’t great; it restarts your computer three times without even a warning, but it did fix the problem for me.